As an experienced driver, you have faced serious obstacles on the road. One of the most common is getting a flat tyre. In fact, we do not know someone who has never been in this hard situation. The reasons behind getting a flat tire could be various but in general, they are connected with bad road conditions, getting into a hole, overinflation of tyres and etc. Whatever the reason is, you should take preliminary actions. Do not neglect that issue and get familiar with all key elements of the perfect equipment in the next paragraph.
Our team has prepared a list with the most necessary stuff for the proper changing of a flat tire. If you already own all these useful tools, then good for you. In case you miss some of them, go immediately to the nearest shop and make a purchase:
- spare tyre;
- tyre wrench;
- good quality torch;
- wheel chocks.
Turn on your hazard lights
Before changing your flat tire, be sure that you parked your car in a safe and even place. We would recommend turning your hazard lights on in order to notify the other participants in the traffic. Unless you forget to do that, you risk experiencing a second potential accident in a very short period of time. Act smart and reasonable and stick to the preliminary plan.
How to change it
In fact, it is quite an easy job that even the most clumsy of us could do. If you want to be sure that you are not going to do something wrong, have a look at the car owner’s manual for detailed instructions. If you do not have enough time to read all, you can skip it and follow the key steps for changing a flat tire presented by our team:
- park the car in a safe place;
- turn on the hazard lights;
- put on the gloves, you are going to do a little dirty job though;
- make sure that you have a spare tyre and it is in good condition. You can inflate it if needed;
- put the wheel chocks for additional stability;
- set the parking brake;
- use the jack to lift up the vehicle;
- loosen the lugs wit the tyre wrench;
- take the spare tyre and change it;
- tighten up with the tyre wrench;
- put down the car using the jack;
- you are ready to go.
In case you perform changing a flat tyre in the night, use a good quality torch!